VLC - We Want to Know: Accessibility
ONLINE: Hosted by the FMA Diversity & Inclusion Special Interest Group, this special speaker series is inspired by the ABC original series. We aim to offer insight into the lives of our diverse FMA members whereby they are asked to answer questions aimed at breaking down stereotypes and increasing awareness surrounding diversity and inclusion within our industry.
We want to know: ACCESSIBILITY
Date: Thursday 28 October 2021
Time: 12:15pm - 1:15pm AEDT
Location: Zoom Webinar
Format: 3 Speakers to present then participate in a facilitated Q&A
Hosted by the FMA Diversity & Inclusion Special Interest Group, this special speaker series is inspired by the ABC original series. They'll aim to offer insights into the lives of our diverse FMA members whereby they are asked to answer questions aimed to break down stereotypes and increase awareness surrounding diversity and inclusion within our industry.
‘We Want to Know’ is about offering genuine insight into the lives of people who live with labels. The series provides a platform to discuss some of the misunderstood or marginalized people within our industry. We want to change the narrative from ‘We Want to Know’ to ‘We Know’.
ACCESSIBILITY - is the first of this speaker series...
Our presenters will explore the following:
• Improving accessibility in workplaces
• What constitutes great examples of accessibility within the workplace
• The challenges faced to improve accessibility in workplaces
• Whether this is a quick win to improve building accessibility for people
• If you could change or advocate for one thing about building accessibility, what would it be (forget about cost)?
• What can be done to improve access to premises and services for people who use assistance animals
Kristiana Greenwood, Director of Strategic Relationships & Advisory Board Member - GJK Facility Services
- Justine Dalla Riva, CEO - Victorian Pride Centre
- Colin McEvoy, Precinct Operations Manager - Federation Square
- Chris Edwards, Manager, Government Relations & Advocacy - Vision Australia
If you would like to support the charities that are taking part in this event, please visit their websites below:
- Members - Complimentary
- Non Members - $30 + GST