The Victorian Government has published new guidance for workplaces to improve ventilation to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
Simple ways to improve ventilation in your workplace:
• open windows and doors where possible
• use ceiling fans or wall-mounted air-conditioning units
• adjust the settings on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems or air conditioning units to increase the proportion of outdoor air
• ensure regular servicing of your HVAC systems including upgrading filters
• consider using portable filtration units to increase the clean air
• move activity outdoors when possible
• avoid interactions in confined or crowded spaces.
Further information and downloadable guidance on improving ventilation in rooms and spaces in your workplace is available at coronavirus.vic.gov/ventilation.
Visit signs, posters and templates to download a flyer with general ventilation advice for businesses.
This new guidance can be incorporated into your COVIDSafe Plan.
Update your COVIDSafe Plan
A new COVIDSafe Plan template is available to help you reduce the risk of COVID-19 at your business. All Victorian businesses with on-site operations must have a COVIDSafe Plan. Visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/covidsafe-plan for more information.
The Victorian Government is also offering a free support service for small to medium businesses to ensure your COVIDSafe Plan is up to date and reflects current COVIDSafe Settings.
To attend one of the information forums, email [email protected]